So one thing I really miss is Pie’s! I am yet to experiment with various healthier pie crusts so watch this space. But for now I have been mastering the fillings. Here is a trusty favourite chicken and leek!
- 400g Chicken Breast (This recipe uses 200g Premium Chicken Breast Muscle Food)
- 1 Leek
- 1 Carrot
- 10g Whole Grain Mustard
- 80g Extra Light Low Fat Soft Cheese
- 225ml Low Salt Chicken Stock
- Add the leeks to a hot pan with a splash of water and gently cook until soft (approx. 6/7mins)
- The add the chopped carrot and cook for another 3/4 mins
- Pour in the stock and add the chicken breasts in to cook, cover and simmer till cooked (approx. 15mins)
Take the chicken breasts out and shred with two forks
- In the meantime uncover the stock and reduce down to half the volume.
- Add the mustard and soft cheese stirring well, then add back in the shredded chicken.
I have use this in a cottage pie before and topped with sweet potatoes or a filo pastry pie crust (for slightly more indulgent meals).
Serves 2 I Calories 284 I Protein 46g I Total Fat 5g I Carbohydrates 8g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g)