Summer is here and I am very bored of my trusty salad lunches…so time to mix it up!
- 200g chicken breast
- 150g gem lettuce
- 1/2 cucumber chopped
- 1 Pomegranate
- Bunch chopped coriander leaves
For the Marinade:
- 1/2 Tablespoon Tamarind Sauce
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 Garlic clove
For the Dressing:
- Mix the marinade ingredients together (1/2 Tablespoon Tamarind Sauce, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1 tsp Honey, 1 Garlic clove)
- Slice the chicken and mix in to the marinade – refrigerate overnight
- For the dressing – mix the Peanut Butter with the lime and peri peri sauce. Add some water to give the right consistency.
- Prepare the salad ingredients – chop the gem lettuce, chop tomatoes and de-seed the pomegranate.
- Cook the chicken – either pan fry in non stick pan or oven bake.
- Add chicken to the salad, pour over the dressing and there you have it!
Tip: I take this for lunch and place the pomegranate and dressing in separate pots then mix with the rest when ready to eat. You can also prepare the dressing and store in a glass jar in the fridge for a few days.
Recipe from: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chicken-satay-salad
Serves 2.0 l Calories 324 l Protein 48 g l Total Fat 5 g l Carbohydrate 22 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 12 g)