Had a craving for Pasta this weekend so threw together a quick Pasta recipe…
- 6 sausage (75g), Chicken Sausage
- 200g Wholewheat Penne Pasta
- 100 g, Half Fat Mozarella
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 medium yellow pepper
- 100g Mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Medium White Onions
- 400g Tin Tomatoes
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- Basil Sprig
- 4 Tablespoons Tomatoe Puree
This recipe uses a Marinara Sauce as the base – for the sauce:
- Heat the oil and cook the onion until soft (approx 10mins)
- Add crushed garlic cloves and cook for 1min
- Add the herbs, chili, tomato puree and tinned tomatoes
- Cook on low for half an hour
Tip: Batch cook and freeze this as a base sauce for various dishes
- Preheat oven to 170C/350 F/Gas Mark 4
- Sautee the Peppers with a little olive oil (approx 7mins)
- Add the mushrooms cook these down a little until they give off water.
- Slice the sausages and add to the pan – seal these off then add the sauce.
- Add the marinara sauce, additional seasoning, simmer until the sausages are cooked (approx 15mins).
- Place the mixture into a oven dish and spoon half the mixture at the bottom
- Cover with uncooked pasta and then add the remaining sauce mixture evenly on top so pasta is covered.
- Break up the Mozzarella and distribute evenly on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40mins.
Serves 4.0 l Calories 438 l Protein 31 g l Total Fat 9 g l Carbohydrate 58 g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 8g)